[Fwd: Re: [xmlsec] Problem with ver 0.0.11]

Matthias Jung matthias.jung at xtradyne.com
Wed Dec 4 10:12:24 PST 2002

Aleksey,

I think I got your point. I will have a look in the spec later this evening.

I have tried your example using the expression

Unfortunately the digest value of this reference looks like an empty node set was passed to the digest algorithem.
    (digest value: "2jmj7l5rSw0yVb/vlWAYkK/YBwk=" , typical sha1 digest of an empty input)
Validation of this signature does not fail because it does not sign any referenced data.
The xml document I used to test this expession has the same structure
than the one I have sent in the last mail.

Another xpointer expression failing in the new version (but did not in the old) is

 <ds:Reference URI="#xmlns(soap-env=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/)xpointer(/soap-env:Envelope/soap-env:Body)">

To me it looks like a valid xpointer expression. Signing a SOAP envelope using this expession causes the same error than described in the last email.

    (..\src\transforms.c:1181): error 4: xml operation failed : xmlXPtrEval(xmlns(soap-env=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelop...

Am I just to stupid to think out valid signature templates or is there really something wrong???
What do you think? (Oh, please don't say I am stupid ;-) )

Matthias