[xmlsec] XPointer reference problem

Asbjørn Oskal asbjorn.oskal at welldiagnostics.com
Fri Nov 29 01:22:39 PST 2002

Hi!

I'm having some trouble signing using an xpointer reference.

The XML document I'm trying to sign looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Letter>
    Hello, World!
    <Info Id="SomeData">
    <!-- Commentary -->
    <Data1> Some data </Data1>
    <Data2> More data </Data2>
    </Info>
</Letter>

I do like this in my code. (from signing example 3):

referenceNode = xmlSecSignedInfoAddReference(signedInfoNode,
     (const unsigned char *) "my-reference",
     (const unsigned char *) "#xpointer(id('SomeData'))",
                    NULL);

I debugged the signing process and it ends up in xmlSecTransformStateParseUri (transforms.c) where

xmlXPtrEval(BAD_CAST (xptr + 1), ctxt);

fails.

The xptr contains #xpointer(id('SomeData')).

Does this mean that the xmlXPtrEval cannot find the element <Info Id="SomeData"> ?

Has anyone got a clue to what I am doing wrong here?

:)