[xmlsec] Why won't this verify?

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Tue Nov 26 22:16:18 PST 2002

In XML ID attribute has a meaning only if there is a DTD or schema.
Using "#XXX" references w/o schema is meaningless. Actually, you do
not need to load full DTD, you may just specify the DTD for one
particular attribute (see section 3.2 of the FAQ
http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/faq.html
for example).
If you are writing program in C you may "hack" and specify attributes
directly in the code w/o any DTD.

Aleksey