[xmlsec] Verifying a signature against a PEM certificate

Asbjørn Oskal asbjorn.oskal at welldiagnostics.com
Mon Nov 25 04:18:39 PST 2002

Hi!

It seems to me from the answers I have gotten that there are no easy ways to
verify XML-signatures against (the public key from) X509 PEM-certificate
files.
The xmlSecSimpleKeysMngrLoadPemKey does not accept loading public keys from
such files.
It does only accept public key files starting with -----BEGIN PUBLIC
KEY-----
So, does any of you know a way of creating such public key files from X509
PEM-certificates?

The question is really, how can one make sure the identity of the signer
without verifying the signature against a public key you know belongs to the
signer. Or is it possible to check who is the owner of the public key
contained in the KeyInfo?

:)