[xmlsec] Signing a document with key and cert..

Marius Kjeldahl marius at kjeldahl.net
Sun Nov 17 13:08:14 PST 2002

I'm trying to create signed xml documents and verify that they are correctly
signed, but I'm having trouble.

Using the xmlsec examples, I am able to create signed documents, but they all
fail when I paste them into the online verifier (I guess when it works there, I
am ready to try to do the same locally). I understand that any unsigned key will
probably not be verified correctly, so I downloaded the "fake" root cert and
corresponding private key. I further signed my local private key using the
"fake" root cert.

So far I have not been able to find an example on how to use my key AND the
cert. An old posting from Aleksey mentions using
"xmlSecSimpleKeyMngrAddCertToKey, but I can find no such function. I have also
tried loading the key first, then the cert into the same keysmngr using
SimpleKeysMngrLoadPemKey followed by a SimpleKeysMngrLoadPemCert, but I am not
sure whether this means that the cert will be used when signing (if I try to
validate a document after loading the key and cert, it will still not be
verified with the online verifier). I have also tried putting the key and cert
into the same file and load it with *LoadPemKey, but still no luck.

Does anybody have an example on what needs to be done to create a signed
document that can be verified with the online verifier, or any hints on what
needs to be done?

Thanks,

--
Mvh, Marius Kjeldahl