[xmlsec] Using XMLSec with other crypto engines

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Tue Nov 5 23:51:21 PST 2002

> You mention above that these functions will likely be implemented for
> NSS. However, these file related functions don't make sense for NSS.

I really doubt that NSS does not have a function to load a cert from
a pem file. And if so then you might want to ask NSS guys to add it.
Most of the examples for xmlsec are based on the keys and certs in
the files. I would suggest to think about finding a way to support this.

> to handle crypto differences....
>
> By the way these functions are in keys.h, keysmngr.h, and x509.h, and
> I don't
> think are limited to the xmlSecSimpleKeysManager alone.. Here's a list:
>
> xmlSecKeyReadPemCert
> xmlSecSimpleKeysMngrLoadPemKey
> xmlSecSimpleKeysMngrLoadPemCert
> xmlSecSimpleKeysMngrAddCertsDir
> xmlSecSimpleKeysMngrAddCertsDir
> xmlSecX509DataReadPemCert
> xmlSecX509StoreLoadPemCert
> xmlSecX509StoreAddCertsDir

All these functions are about loading keys and certs into keys and x509
certs manager.
And they call each other.

Aleksey.