[xmlsec] Verify signature after certificate expired

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Wed Oct 9 13:15:37 PDT 2002

Yes, I am saying this. The signature is not valid forever. It's valid
only why certificate is valid.
If you don't like this scheme then you should use certs with long
expiration time or another scheme.
Cert is your digital identity. It's not you who signs something but your
digital identity. The issuer
of the certificate gurantees that you and your digital identity match.
But the issuer has a right
to say: "I know that it is true today and for next year. But I am not
responsible for anything happen
after this." I think that this is a meaning of the expiration time. you
may think about this as
about another way to revoke certs.

Aleksey