[xmlsec] Verify signature after certificate expired

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Wed Oct 9 12:54:59 PDT 2002

Yes! When you signed it you claimed that you are the college student.
When you graduated
you are not college student anymore and your signature as "college
student" is *not* valid.
Certificate is not only a key but also your "digital identity". When
certificate expires your
identity is no longer valid. If you want your signature to be valid
after you graduate you need
to use your personal cert with longer expiration time.

Aleksey

Rich