[xmlsec] Create a .pem file

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Mon Oct 7 14:55:09 PDT 2002

Hi, Lionel!

>1/ There are several examples to sign or encrypt documents.
>  But should I create the .c files or xmlsec does it for me?
>
>I'm a little bit confused.

I am sorry but i am not sure I understand your question. XMLSec Library
will not
be able to write a program for you. It does not create .c files.

>2/ What is a CA?

Certificate Authority. Please read any book about PKI and x509 certificates.

>3/ I sign a template document but in the command tool xmlsec, can I specify
>the output file?
>I use  :  xmlsec sign --keys keys.xml sig.xml

The document is dumped to stdout. You can redirect it to any file using
'>'. However,
I like the idea about adding one more option "--out" (will do it soon).
Thanks!

>4/ How can I create my own rsa, dsa keys ?

There are many ways. IMHO, the simplest one is to use OpenSSL: openssl
genrsa or openssl gendsa
should do it for you (but read help first if you never created keys before).