[xmlsec] example 1 always give the same digest value

Derek Lei Liu leiliu98 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 11:28:12 PDT 2002

Emm, I don't see errors, maybe just overlooked.
Putting the couple of lines made it work.  Thanks.

Derek
--- Aleksey Sanin <aleksey at aleksey.com> wrote:
> BTW, forgot to say that xmlsec application should
> print an error message
> about empty nodes set (something like "invalid nodes
> set : empty"). And you
> should have an error in OpenSSL errors stack in the
> application.
>
> Aleksey
>
> Aleksey Sanin wrote:
>
> > You can check xmlsec mailing list for detailed
> explanation but briefly
> > Id attribute
> > means *nothing* w/o a DTD or schema. In your case,
> XMLSec always
> > digests an
> > empty value simply because
> URI="#msg.194549.signedook" could not be
> > found.
> > I believe that adding something like
> >    <!DOCTYPE test [
> >        <!ATTLIST Data Id ID #IMPLIED>
> >    ]>
> > should solve your problem (see
> xmlsec/docs/examples/dsig3/tests.tmpl
> > file for details).
> > Of course, the DTD may be external or you may add
> Id attribute manualy by
> > calling LibXML2 xmlAddID() function after loading
> the document.
> >
> > Aleksey.
> >

> > Derek Lei Liu wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am trying to use example1 on Solaris. The test
> xml
> >> and the private key are attached in following.  I
> >> tried to use local reference here, but found the
> >> digested value never changed even I changed the
> >> content in <Data>.  I am relatively new to this
> area
> >> and the project I am working on is rather urgent
> on
> >> this part.  I gdb into the test program and found
> that
> >> the first time SHA1_Update was called as for
> >> <SignInfo> (signature stuff).  This function is
> >> supposed to be called for the digested value,
> right?
> >>
> >> thanks
> >>
> >> Derek
> >>

> >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> >> <Top>
> >> <SecondTop id="1">
> >> <Data Id="msg.194549.signedook">
> >> <version>1.0.1</version>
> >> <StudentName>
> >> <StudentID>12111111111</StudentID>

<TotalCredits>111111111111111-11111111</TotalCredits>

Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-200103

Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#rsa-sha1"
> >> />
> >> <Reference URI="#msg.194549.signedook">
> >> <DigestMethod
> >>
> Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1"
> />
> >> <DigestValue></DigestValue>
> >> </Reference>
> >> </SignedInfo>
> >> <SignatureValue/>
> >> <KeyInfo>
> >> </KeyInfo>
> >> </Signature>
> >> </SecondTop>
> >> </Top>
> >>

> >> Key:
> >> -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

MIIBOwIBAAJBAOfDoFCPxDstNv7rBqK+B9s2kU+S2JX8xWwu8mF/hbNn35EtHCz4

8sLANc2yFZx4/OaoTTdbCwPEpZlG3G9y6QkCAwEAAQJAA/CFVxk6gq8AElE4aafF

RmqlCa87U0Fasb4SjKm4QhZnovu+3ipCku2QHjAejTNWDOrV5A6GEWJXMP5GkZDX

AQIhAP0eADYcJbzGdvg9QinSe73jNKaJSD/EhUh/IOsWVkVRAiEA6mdeHFHUa3x8

BCu6qq5wUcyOH1ne1HXYvVALYugvWjkCID4D8LdRNCnJUnLFx4Uprem7VjYLYqlF

BAbcJvuSUHbRAiEAs3DyMIfML4Sag67eNW9YeKY5XnK0DL0ycKpoLQ1FwrECIQCB