[xmlsec] more error handling concerns

Moultrie, Ferrell (ISSAtlanta) FMoultrie at iss.net
Thu Sep 5 09:51:00 PDT 2002

Aleksey:
  One difficulty I'm having with the new error handler and using the
OpenSSL error stack is that the OpenSSL crypto library frequently uses
the error stack to capture "expected" errors. When one of those occurs,
it calls ERR_clear() which removes not only the OpenSSL error info but
any previously stored xmlsec errors -- which I haven't even had a chance
to see yet! The only option appears to be to override the default xmlsec
error callback -- but that gets us back to needing thread local storage
in the application, etc. Sigh.
Ferrell

=====================================
Ferrell Moultrie (ferrell at iss.net)
Software Engineer

Internet Security Systems, Inc.
6303 Barfield Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30328
Phone:  404-236-2600
Direct: 404-236-2849
Fax:    404-236-2632
http://www.iss.net

Internet Security Systems -- The Power to Protect