[xmlsec] problems with dsig2 and dsig3 examples

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at netilla.com
Thu Aug 29 13:35:36 PDT 2002

Did some more testing:

1.  Installed a vanilla install of Redhat 7.2
2.  Compiled libxml2-2.4.24 and libxslt-1.0.20.  Installed into /usr/lib
3.  Compiled xmlsec 0.0.9.  Ran 'make check'.  Only one test failed in
the digital signature section.  The same test failed on my Mandrake
system.  [is this normal?]
4.  ran 'make' in the docs/examples/dsig2 directory.
5.  ran './dsig2 dsakey.pem test.tmpl', and got the same errors as seen
on the Mandrake system.

So, at least I have narrowed it down to not being specific to Mandrake.

It should be noted that I'm still using OpenSSL 0.9.6 (which ships
standard for both Mandrake and RedHat).  I guess I could try upgrading
to 0.9.7, but the problem doesn't look like it's related to crypto at
all, but rather the XML processing.

--
Devin Heitmueller
Senior Software Engineer