[xmlsec] 0.0.8a build error on Win32

Moultrie, Ferrell (ISSAtlanta) FMoultrie at iss.net
Wed Aug 28 16:48:56 PDT 2002

Aleksey:
  One other question .. when xmlSecDSigValidate() returns I'm getting a
return code of zero, and pResult->result is equal to
xmlSecTransformStatusOk. According to the doc, that means it worked.
However, down in the guts of x509 verification, the following error is
being generated: "error 31: cert verification failed : ". Unfortunately,
while that does result in a callback to the default error handler, it
doesn't result in any final error status from the verification routine.
So, unless I monitor the error handler, I don't know that the error
occurred. In this case, because the uncertified public key is really OK
and the hash is OK and the data is OK, the verify returns OK -- but it
really isn't OK because I forgot to supply the PEM data needed to
authenticate the certificate. Shouldn't this have resulted in a failure?
Verification with an invalid cert really isn't validation of the
signature, IMO.
Thanks!
  Ferrell