[xmlsec] openssl license issue

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Thu Aug 8 08:09:10 PDT 2002

It's not fully correct statement that OpenSSL could not be used with
GPL'd apps.
See the GPL FAQ:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WritingFSWithNFLibs
Sometimes I think that GPL was invented by lawyers.....

AFAIK, GnuTLS is on the very earlier stage of development. Plus now they
provide
only hi-level API (SSL/TLS) and not low level encryption stuff I need. I
think they have
a long way to go before they can replace OpenSLL.

Aleksey