[xmlsec] Problems load private key

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Thu Jun 20 09:34:07 PDT 2002

I added pem passwords support for the xmlsec application and checked
it in the Gnome CVS (http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/download.html)
After this I can successfully execute following commands:
        >  openssl genrsa -out test.pem -des3
        (enter "test" two times as the pass phrase)
        > ./apps/xmlsec sign --pwd test --privkey test.pem
tests/aleksey-xmldsig-01/enveloping-rsa-x509chain.tmpl
I am almost sure that the problem you have is related to the way you create
the encrypted PEM file. Please check that you are not mixing pass phrase and
secret key actually used for DES/RC4 encryption.

Aleksey.