[xmlsec] Usage of reference URI and "Id"

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Wed Jun 19 10:50:29 PDT 2002

Hi, Sascha!

After few coffein drinks I found a solution, implemented and checked it
into CVS. You can grab changes directly from Gnome CVS or wait till nightly
tar-ball. Now you have two possible ways to get the functionality you need:
    1) ("clear" way) Load document *and* DTD for it (ID attributes names are
    specified in the DTD so in order to process the IDs correctly you have
    to use DTD). After this everything should work "as-is".
    2) ("durty" way) If you have no DTD then you can  register your ID
    attribute name using xmlSecAddIdAttributeName(const xmlChar *id)
    function from xmlsec/xmltree.h file:
        xmlSecAddIdAttributeName("id");
    The downsides are:
        - the list is shared by all threads
        - small performance penalty (xmlsec will check for all Ids in
the list,
        in your case this will be "Id" and "id")
        - may produce incorrect results in some cases (if you have "id"
as unique
        ID attribute and "Id" as something else)

Aleksey