[xmlsec] Problems with XPath: continued

Hans-Juergen.Heinrich at de.gi-de.com Hans-Juergen.Heinrich at de.gi-de.com
Wed Jun 19 03:32:08 PDT 2002

Hi,

I'm still having problems with XPath:
According to your recommendation, "ancestor-or-self::DataField" as
an XPath expression works.
But what can I do if there is more than one element of the same name
in the document and I want to select one of them, say, the third one?

"ancestor-or-self::DataField[3]" does not work, for example. I also
tried something like "/Root/Field[3]". The effect is always the same: I
can change portions of the document which are not below the third
occurring "DataField"-element, and the signature will still change, which
is not what I expect.

Greetings,
Hans-Juergen