[xmlsec] xmlsec failing validation tests

dheitmueller dheitmueller at netilla.com
Fri May 24 09:03:21 PDT 2002

I have installed the xmlsec-0.0.5 source tree on my Mandrake 8.1 system.   It appears to compile fine, but it fails all the tests in the test suite with errors such as the following:

validity warning: or: Error: failed to read XML file "./merlin-xmldsig-twenty-three/signature-enveloped-dsa.xml"

I added some debug code, and found that the call to xmlCreateFileParserCtxt() in the xmlSecParseFile() in xmltree.c fails.

I installed the xmlsec binary RPM, which appears to work fine.  It passes the tests found in the source tree.

I had to install the following RPMS to get the xmlsec library installed:

libopenssl0-devel-0.9.6c-2mdk
openssl-0.9.6b-1mdk
libopenssl0-0.9.6c-2mdk
libxml2-2.4.21-1mdk
libxml2-devel-2.4.21-1mdk
libxslt-devel-1.0.17-2
libxslt-1.0.17-2

Has anyone seen this behavior before?  Any idea why the binary version of xmlsec 0.0.5 would work, but the version compiled from source would fail?

Thanks in advance,

Devin Heitmueller
Senior Software Engineer
Netilla Networks Inc