[xmlsec] MAC algorithms in XMLsec?

Aleksey Sanin aleksey at aleksey.com
Fri May 17 08:50:43 PDT 2002

Yes, it is possible. If you know how to exchange symmetric
(DES, HMAC, AES,...) keys between Alice and Bob then
you can specify the key using <ds:KeyName> element
of <ds:KeyInfo>. In particular, in XMLSec case, Alice should
load the key into keys manager and add <ds:KeyName> node
when you are signing/encrypting document. Bob simply loads
this key into keys manager and XMLSec "magically" finds it
when it decrypts/verifies the message.

Aleksey.