[xmlsec] Re: XML Security Library 0.0.5

Joseph Reagle reagle at w3.org
Wed May 1 13:28:26 PDT 2002

On Wednesday 01 May 2002 16:17, Aleksey Sanin wrote:
> Great! if you can share your script to generate the package I would like
> to include it in the package so others will be able to use it.

I don't know how easy it is to do if you don't use debian, but all the
tools are available on debian.
  http://www.uk.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/index.html#contents

I asked someone to test it and he did install it successfully, but I know
there's something things that aren't quite right [1] and doesn't completely
satisfy debian policy if it were to be formally included (e.g., man page
and other policy issues.)

> Defenetly I am not a python guy but I need to think about this. Probably
> it's a good chance for me to learn it :)

Python is much fun! Like coding in object orientated pseudo-code with
powerful scripting conventions. Rather slow though at time, so it's nice to
have C libraries to call upon.

[1]  /tmp> lintian xmlsec_0.0.5-1_i386.deb