[xmlsec] Comment (and namespace)

Joseph Reagle reagle at w3.org
Fri Apr 26 09:38:39 PDT 2002

Hi Aleksey,

The Debian unstable debs now permit the compilation of your code! Like the
rpm's, OpenSSL 0.9.7 debs aren't available yet. But I can compile it, and
to test it I create a hmackey (any plans to support gpg keys?!)  and run
the following, but nothing is output on standard out:

 xmlsec encrypt --keys keys --binary test

What would I be doing incorrectly?

Also, I note an error in your key format. You should use your own namespace
for your "Keys" element, not the dsig one. Something like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Keys xmlns="http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/2002">
<KeyInfo xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#">>
<KeyName>foo</KeyName>
<KeyValue>
<HMACKeyValue>kTSc236F7vTznHMKB/a9jVv8cpwa1/j9</HMACKeyValue>
</KeyValue>
</KeyInfo>
</Keys>

W3C Policy Analyst                mailto:reagle at w3.org