[xmlsec] bug in the latest source

arvind r p aravindapr at rediffmail.com
Thu Apr 18 20:52:51 PDT 2002

Dear Sir,

I downloaded the latest version of the source of xmlsec from the
ftp server (xmlsec-0.0.3.tar.gz). I have openssl 0.9.6b installed
on my machine. When i tried to configure and make the xmlsec, it
was giving an error like 'HMAC_CTX_cleanup(..)' unreferenced
function. Later I could figure out that in the source file in the
folder /src/hmac.c there is an extra line HMAC_CTX_cleanup(...)
which is called outside the #ifdef .. construct. once it is
removed or commented, everything works smooth.

I think this tip will be helpful in correcting that problem for
the next release.

Thanking you.
Regards,
Aravinda .P .R