[xmlsec] xmlsec packages for Debian

John Belmonte jvb@prairienet.org
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 01:54:28 +0900

Hello,

As an excercise, and because I plan to start using xmlsec, I prepared
some Debian packages.  For now I just did version 0.0.5 because that
matches what's in the tesing distribution (Woody), but once testing is
unfrozen I plan to package the most recent version.

I see that someone else packaged this version a few months ago, but the
link he posted no longer seems valid.  I think my version passes more of
the policy checks, so it may be a better starting point.

A few things required by Debian policy where lacking in the distribution:

     * xmlsec, xmlsec-config manpages
     * xmlsec should dynamically link to libxmlsec

The xmlsec-config manpage is easily created with help2man, which is what
I've done in this package.

The files can be found here:

     http://memebeam.org/free-software/debian/woody/

-John Belmonte