[xmlsec] Verifying signature for enveloped signature with multiple signatures

Magnus R magnus_qwerty at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 19 02:25:09 PST 2012

Thanks a lot Aleksey, now I got the command line verification to work as excpected.

The solution was to use several --id-attr parameters to xmlsec1.

This is the command line I used:
xmlsec1 --verify --id-attr:ID 'http://www.mycompany.com/myapp:Routing' --id-attr:ID 'http://www.w3.org/2001/12/soap-envelope:Body' signedmod.xml

The command invocation adds the ID:s for both the "Routing" and the "Body" tag.

When called with the XML I provided below, xmlsec1 will correctly come to the conclusion that the signature of that document does not match - since I have modified it.

This is the output I get:
=============================
func=xmlSecOpenSSLEvpDigestVerify:file=digests.c:line=229:obj=sha1:subj=unknown:error=12:invalid data:data and digest do not match
FAIL
SignedInfo References (ok/all): 0/1
Manifests References (ok/all): 0/0
Error: failed to verify file "signedmod.xml"
=============================

When used with a document with a signature that does match I get:

OK
SignedInfo References (ok/all): 2/2
Manifests References (ok/all): 0/0

Now the command line is up and running, so then I should be able to do the same in code using xmlAddID().

Many thanks.

Regards
/Magnus