[xmlsec] signature-external-dsa.xml Test failing

Atul Aggarwal searchatul at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 23:51:56 PST 2010

Hello everybody,

I was just testing some of the tests on the online DigSig Verifier (
http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/xmldsig-verifier.html) and found that one of
the test namely signature-external-dsa.xml has been failing for past month.
I tried to investigate and found that the URI="
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet" has been changed and now pointing to
Version 2 from last week of October. I guess the proper way is to point the
URI to "http://www.w3.org/1999/06/REC-xml-stylesheet-19990629" (First
version of spec) but still it is failing. I want to know to fix this test. I
guess if I knew the private key, i could fix the test case by replacing the
new SignatureValue but I don't know where to find the private key.
I am a totally newbie and still learning basic concepts of XML Signatures.
So please explain the solution inadequately.

Please help me in this regard.
--
Thanks a lot

Atul Aggarwal