[xmlsec] libltdl is required for dynamic loading...

Douglas_Roberts at Dell.com Douglas_Roberts at Dell.com
Fri Aug 6 11:01:57 PDT 2010

Hi all,
I am porting xmlsec to a new embedded device using a new toolchain. I ran into a problem while configuring xmlsec for which I can't resolve.
I am using
libtool-2.2.8
xml2-2.7.7
xslt-1.1.26
xmlsec1-1.2.16

     ./configure --host=${TARGET} --build=i686 --with-libxml-src=../../xml2/libxml2-2.7.7 --with-libxslt-src=../../xslt/libxslt-1.1.26 --with-default-crypto=openssl --without-gcrypt --without-gnutls --without-nss --prefix=${TARGET_PREFIX}

[partial output]
checking for default crypto library... yes ('openssl')
checking for MD5 support... yes
checking for RIPEMD-160 support... yes
checking for SHA1 support... yes
checking for SHA224 support... yes
checking for SHA256 support... yes
checking for SHA384 support... yes
checking for SHA512 support... yes
checking for HMAC support... yes
checking for DSA support... yes
checking for RSA support... yes
checking for x509 support... yes
checking for DES support... yes
checking for AES support... yes
checking for GOST support... no
checking for XMLDSig support... yes
checking for XMLEnc support... yes
checking for XMKMS support - under development... no
checking for xmlsec-crypto dynamic loading support... checking ltdl.h usability... yes
checking ltdl.h presence... yes
checking for ltdl.h... yes
checking for lt_dlopenext in -lltdl... no
configure: error: libltdl is required for xmlsec-crypto dynamic loading
make[1]: *** [build] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/droberts/src/apps/xmlsec'

I can't tell if the function lt_dlopenext is missing in the 'ltdl' library or is the library not being found. The libtool library was installed and appears to be in the proper location. I did a search in hex mode on the library and there are references to dlopenext so it appears to have been compiled into the library. Am I missing some environment variables?