[xmlsec] Signing with X509 certificate using mscrypto provider

Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Thu Apr 22 15:20:23 PDT 2010

Aleksey Sanin wrote:
> Could you please try this one? I packaged everything I have -
> all the binaries and libraries. This way we can avoid version
> incompatibilities in libxml2 and everything else :)
>
> http://www.aleksey.com/public/xmlsec-20100422.2.tar.gz

Thanks. I was able to run code after I have added also
xmlsec.exe.manifet file -- not sure why it is required.

But anyway back to the issue. I can confirm that it is now possible to
correctly sign files with certificate which is referenced by "friendly
name" within KeyName, eg.

<KeyName>Jiří Novák</KeyName>

But even this patched version is not able to find key when it is
referenced using its subject (given subject contains accented letters,
with unaccented it works), eg.

<KeyName>CN=Jiří Novák</KeyName>

still doesn't work. So it seems that there is still some encoding issue
in dealing with certificate subjects.

Thanks for your invaluable help,

			Jirka

  Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka at kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz