[xmlsec] Signing with X509 certificate using mscrypto provider

Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Wed Apr 21 07:56:15 PDT 2010

Aleksey Sanin wrote:
> Bingo! "CN=Jiří Novák" is *not* UTF8 encoding. This is
> why you got these errors from LibXML2 parser. You need
> to either manually convert the string to UTF8 (e.g. using
> iconv) or simply specify the native code page (wild guess,
> it is 1250 or 1252).

I'm confused. Are you talking about XML file with signature template?
What else should I do then just safe file in UTF-8 and provide correct
encoding declaration at the top of the file?

I have attached real document I have used for testing, so you can see
that it is properly encoded in UTF-8. I'm also attaching exported key,
password is "test".

Thanks,

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka at kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz