Fwd: [xmlsec] Re: Error Signing the xml document & iconv.dll build problems in windows in visual studio 2005

Yeshwanth C cyeshwanth at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 06:48:35 PST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Yeshwanth C <cyeshwanth at gmail.com>
Date: Dec 5, 2006 8:06 PM
Subject: Re: [xmlsec] Re: Error Signing the xml document & iconv.dll build
problems in windows in visual studio 2005
To: aleksey at aleksey.com

Hi,

 I am trying to build libiconv to get iconv.dll on Windows Studio 2005 using
the following commands.  However I get errors like the following.  Can
somebody help me?

For shared library (DLL):

         nmake -f Makefile.msvc NO_NLS=1 DLL=1 MFLAGS=-MD

      or

         nmake -f Makefile.msvc NO_NLS=1 DLL=1 MFLAGS=-MD check

                                                   [This runs the
testsuite.]

      For static library:

         nmake -f Makefile.msvc NO_NLS=1 MFLAGS=-MD

      or

         nmake -f Makefile.msvc NO_NLS=1 MFLAGS=-MD check

.  .  . . . .

.  .  .  .  .

DS_ON_LIBICONV=1 -DDEPENDS_ON_LIBINTL=1 -c progreloc.c

Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 14.00.50727.42 for
80x86

progreloc.c

progreloc.c(307) : error C2065: 'EXEEXT' : undeclared identifier

progreloc.c(317) : error C2099: initializer is not a constant

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\c

l.EXE"' : return code '0x2'

Stop.

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\n

make.exe"' : return code '0x2'

Stop.

  Thanks in advance,
  yesh

>Well, Microsoft has different C runtimes for different versions of Visual
Studio. You might need to re-compile all the libraries to have a match
between all the component libraries and the application itself.

Aleksey