[xmlsec] how to compile an application using xmlsec without libdl

Beatriz Hargrave hargrave at vonbraunlabs.com.br
Thu Apr 20 13:29:57 PDT 2006

Hello,

I have ported xmlsec to uclinux (Coldfire). However I am not able to compile a simple application because of the following error:

/usr/local/m68k-elf/bin/ld.real: cannot find -ldl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [vbsign1] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/vbsign1/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/vbsign1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have found that uclinux does not really have libdl: "I don't think we have ever supported the dl_ functions in libraries that work on uClinux platforms. General shared libs work, but they don't use the dl_ functions".

Is there a way of having an application, using xmlsec and not needing libdl ?

Thank you very much,
Beatriz.