[xmlsec] detached encrypted key

Varun Sekhri varunsekhri at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 29 12:09:39 PDT 2004

Hello Aleksey,
Please look at the xml file again.
1) Our cases are different. I encrypted a symmetric
key
using a public key in the EncryptedKey Element. So
after decryption what i get is key value(it is not
text they are some octets). I read the code of
xmlsec1.2.6.  in function xmlSecEncCtxDecrypt, in both
cases
of "content"  and "element" xmlSecReplaceNodeBuffer is
there.
 ( which might be correct too) . I get parser error.

( Reading the code and comments i can say that
xmlSecEncCtxDecrypt was written so that the node
passed in the function will be EncryptedData elment
not EncryptedKey)

2) If i tell the parser about those Ids on my own,
then when the xmlsec will read the EncryptedKey or
EncryptedData for decryption, it will also try to
register them, libxml2 would or should flash an error
in that case.

thanks and regards
nitin