[xmlsec] Ignoring Unknown Reference Transforms

Robert Fox robertf at softshare.com
Wed Oct 27 12:33:09 PDT 2004

What I need to do is either write my own transform handler, or ideally,
ignore an unknown transform, in particular, I am working with a draft
transform:

<ds:Transform
Algorithm="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/XX/oasis-2004XX-wss-swa-p
rofile-1.0#Attachment-Content-Only-Transform"/>

and

<ds:Transform
Algorithm="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/XX/oasis-2004XX-wss-swa-p
rofile-1.0#Attachment-Complete-Transform"/>

These work in conjunction with my custom CID callback, and they tell me
how to handle MIME attachments, namely, are signatures over just the
MIME part, or do they also include the MIME headers. In anycase, I
simply need to spot the presence of these transforms, but let XMLSEC
continue to process the data.

as is, XMLSEC halts:

file: ..\src\transforms.c, line: 1511, subject:
xmlSecTransformIdsListFindByHref, reason: xmlsec library function
failed,
details:href=http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/XX/oasis-2004XX-wss-swa
-profile-1.0#Attachment-Content-Only-Transform

what are my options here? I tried to create my own transform handler for
this, but I cannot seem to get that to work, and want to know if there
is an easier way.

~Rob